Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education program trains teacher candidates to instruct children ages birth through 8 (third grade) in introductory mathematics, language, science, and social studies.
Career paths for educators with this certification are diverse. Course work will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and experience to be a parent-infant educator, special education preschool teacher, public school pre-kindergarten teacher, child caregiver, or kindergarten through third grade teacher.
- Multiple clinical experiences (more than 155 hours, including teacher institutes and parent-teacher conferences).
- Appropriate and up-to-date technology skills embedded into methods courses.
- A variety of student teaching options, including on-campus, 16-week assignments throughout Illinois, and the year-long student teaching experience at one of ISU's Professional Development Schools (PDS).
- Diversity training in every course.
- ISU's excellent reputation in state school districts looking to fill hiring needs.