The Elementary Education program prepares candidates to teach reading, writing, science, mathematics, life skills, critical thinking skills, and problem solving strategies to elementary school students, from Kindergarten through grade nine (type 03 certification). Diverse coursework includes content in psychology, special education, and curriculum and instruction in addition to clinical field experiences and student teaching.
- Middle school endorsement requirements built into the program.
- Technology skills embedded directly into methods courses.
- Diversity training in every course.
- Multiple clinical experiences (more than 155 hours, including teacher institutes and parent-teacher conferences).
- A variety of available student teaching options.
- Superior performance by ISU graduates on state certification tests.
- A high degree of professional readiness and satisfaction, as reported by our graduates and their supervisors.