Master's Degree in College Student Personnel Administration
The Master's Degree in College Student Personnel Administration (CSPA) trains candidates to succeed in entry- to mid-level student affairs positions in two-year and four-year public and private colleges and universities. Graduates will be qualified to serve as administrators, advisors, and programmers in areas as diverse as residential life, activities, admissions, advising, service and leadership, orientation, multicultural programs, student conduct, fraternity and sorority life, and assessment. Coursework includes classes in student development theory, the law as it relates to college students, and counseling college students.
- Full-time enrollment recommended, but program is flexible enough to accommodate part-time students.
- Comprehensive training through classes and practical experiences in developmental issues in higher education and student services, as well as effective management of personnel, resources, and facilities.
Assistantship opportunities available both years.
- Cohort size limited to 25 students per year.
- Membership in the College Student Personnel Administration Group (CSPAG), a registered student organization.
- Program includes recent graduates, career enhancers, and higher education professionals seeking a graduate degree.
Learn more about graduate school at Illinois State University
Read more about the experiences of our CSPA current students and alumni.