Financial assistance is available through scholarships, graduate assistantships, and tuition waivers (doctoral level waiver by application only).
- EAF Department Scholarships offered to students are awarded by the Department in conjunction with the Financial Aid Office and the Illinois State University Foundation. See past EAF scholarship recipients.
- College of Education Scholarship Program contains scholarships which are available to graduate education students and the preferred application period is October 15-November 15 of each year.
- ISU scholarshipfinder operates exactly like Google search but is confined to scholarships for college students attending ISU.
- A number of graduate assistantships for both master's and doctoral students are available each year.
- Stipends range from $800 to $1,000 per month for the fall and spring semesters.
- Assistantships include a tuition waiver.
- During the summer, students who have had graduate assistantships during the school year are eligible for free tuition waivers even though they do not work or earn money as a graduate assistant during the summer.
- View ISU Career Opportunities Graduate Assistant Posting and apply online.
Departmental tuition waivers
- Tuition waivers, Diversity Tuition Waivers, and International Graduate Trustees' Tuition Waivers are available through the Graduate School. Students must be a major in the EAF Department and be in good academic standing. Priority is given to doctoral students enrolled for the first 15 dissertation hours and making progress on the dissertation, full-time graduate students with demonstrated financial need, and advanced graduate students with demonstrated financial need. Students must be registered for the semester for which they are applying for tuition waivers. Tuition waiver availability is limited; requests generally exceed funding.
- Email or mail form to Kim Ward (ISU, CB5900, Normal, IL 61760-5900) no later than one week before start of each semester.