The course of study for this endorsement meets the requirements for the Chief School Business Official (CSBO) Endorsement. The program is designed for Illinois educators interested in advance study and preparation in the organization and administration of the management of fiscal, as well as physical, and human resources of a public school district in Illinois. Candidates should hold a Principal License or Type 75 certificate, a master's degree, and P-12 leadership experience. Applicants with a master's degree in Business, Finance, Public Administration, or Accounting do not need the Principal License or Type 75 certificate; however, program requirements differ from those with Principal License or Type 75 certificates.
Applicants with a Principal License or Type 75 and a Superintendent of Schools endorsement may join the EdD cohort and complete the following requirements:
1. EAF 575 Seminar in School Business Management (3 Credit Hours)
2. EAF 579 Research Seminar in School Finance (3 Credit Hours)
3. EAF 596 Negotiated Agreements (3 Credit Hours)
4. EAF 598 Internship for non ISU EAF Superintendent of School graduates (6 Credit Hours)
5. Successfully pass the Illinois CSBO exam
Goals and Outcomes
A CSBO graduate in Educational Administration at Illinois State University applies knowledge that promotes the success of every student through coursework that is aligned with the Illinois CSBO Administrative Rules and Standards.
Brad Hutchison, P12 Program Coordinator 340F DeGarmo Hall (309) 438-1301