The College of Education has several facilities which house its academic programs, centers, and the University Laboratory Schools.
DeGarmo Hall is the main academic building of the College of Education. Built in 1972, the building was named for Charles DeGarmo, an 1873 graduate and a faculty member of modern languages. Later additions to the building include an electronic carillon located on top DeGarmo Hall, a gift of Maria Jessa, presented in 1982 in honor of the University's 125th anniversary.
The Garden Level is the lower level and houses the Cecilia J. Lauby Teacher Education Center (Room 056), COE Helpdesk (Room 003), a conference room, and the outdoor garden level patio.
Floor 1 is the main entrance to DeGarmo Hall tells about the history of DeGarmo and past and current donors to the College. This floor has two patios - one that is sheltered under the building and includes multiple bike racks and the other semi enclosed with places to sit with lampposts.
Floor 2 includes the School of Teaching and Learning (Room 232) and two conference rooms
Floor 3 Studio Teach (Room 307), Department of Educational Administration and Foundations (Room 331), Center for Reading and Literacy (Room 310), Center for the Study of Education Policy (Room 320), two conference rooms
The penthouse is inaccessible to the public and houses one of two clocks that chime at noon, and can be heard throughout campus.
Fairchild Hall houses the Special Education Assistive Technology (SEAT) Center (Room 324).
Eyestone School Museum, a typical one-room school of 1900, is one of McLean County's original school buildings. Located at the corner of College and Adelaide, the schoolhouse is available for reservations on regular school days allowing teachers to conduct their lessons on site, providing students a "live and feel" day from McLean county's past. The school is equipped with wooden desks, slate boards, McGuffey Readers and a coal stove. Download lesson plans, facts, and games.