The Center for the Study of Education Policy (CSEP) is housed in the College of Education at Illinois State University.
CSEP faculty and professional staff conduct applied research, manage a variety of grant-funded projects and contracts, and perform program evaluations to inform policymakers and practitioners regarding improvements across P-20 education continuum. CSEP research and practice emphasizes several key themes:
- The importance of “seamless” P-20 education pathways with smooth transitions for students, with special emphasis on early learning and the high school to college interface.
- The key roles of school and district leaders in improving student outcomes, and ways to support their high-quality preparation and professional growth.
- Support for teachers and teacher teams pursuing National Board Certification.
- Conducting policy research and facilitating policy development with multiple stakeholders.
- Embedding high-quality evaluation processes within cycles of continuous improvement.
- Use of collective impact principles to implement collaborative educational improvement projects.
CSEP’s work is funded through state and federal grants, state and private contracts, and a range of private foundation grants.