Early Childhood Education - Online Workforce Program
This online program is built for professionals working in settings with children ages birth through five to obtain a bachelor’s degree and Professional Educator License in Early Childhood (birth-grade 2). Students may be fully funded as part of the State of Illinois’ Early Childhood Access Consortium for Equity.
Information sessions are now scheduled for spring 2023. Click here to learn more and register. The next cohort begins classes in August!
- 100% Online; 2-year program with a new cohort beginning each semester
- Includes Early Childhood Special Education Letter of Approval
- Higher earning potential and additional career opportunities
- Largest preparer of teachers in Illinois and the Midwest
- Hiring managers across the State report that Illinois State graduates are very well prepared for the field
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Associate of Arts or Science (AA/AS) or Bachelor’s degree
- Must have minimum 2.0 GPA
Gateways to Opportunity Credential-Level 4
- Optional but preferred: Working full- or part-time in a setting that serves ages birth-5
- To initiate the pre-admission process, submit the form below to have Illinois State University representatives review your transcripts and verify Gateway credentials.
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education and your Gateways Professional Development Record or your Gateways Credential certificate.
- Once you are pre-approved for the program, you will be given further instructions to complete your official application for admission to Illinois State University.