In an effort to develop local talent for future teachers in response to the national teacher shortage, the college has developed partnerships with educational institutions in their own communities. Teacher shortages are especially prevalent in rural and urban geographic areas, and these partnerships have focused on the creation of programs where students can complete their education locally with plans to teach at local schools.
- Are specially designed college of education partnerships with community partners, including school districts and community colleges
- Were formed to address the teacher shortage, focusing on rural and urban geographic areas with increased shortages
- Provide access through nontraditional pathways
- Meet student needs for flexibility; each has different features of course delivery
- Integration into community for clinical experience and student teaching
- Provide the quality of an Illinois State University education in students’ home communities