Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Seek appropriate linkages and communication with College departments and laboratory schools to strengthen, promote, and support research.
2. Recommend, sponsor, or conduct faculty development activities to enhance research and scholarly productivity within the College.
3. Review University procedures for accessing research resources, and identify practices and procedures likely to enhance access of the College to such resources.
4. Advise the Associate Dean responsible for research and the COEC on matters related to supporting the research and grant activities of the College.
5. Review, rank, and submit recommendations for proposals to be funded under University research grant program(s).
6. Develop guidelines related to the College research grant program(s) for consideration by the Dean.
7. Nominate COE faculty members and graduate students for research award(s) consideration.
8. Submit a fall report to the COEC with the committee’s plan of work for the academic year.
9. Submit a completed spring report and present it to the College Council prior to the last scheduled meeting of the academic year of the Council.
Provides activities that strengthen, promote, and support research within the College. This is a two-year staggered term.