Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. On the basis of input from the faculty, develop and recommend to the COEC for approval policies that include, but are not limited to:
2. Review annually, with input from the faculty, policies on teaching and learning and recommend to the COEC such revisions and additions as deemed necessary.
3. On the recommendation of the Dean or the COEC, review and make recommendations for revisions to COE procedures for student evaluations of faculty teaching.
4. Evaluate nominations for and select the recipient of the Outstanding COE Teacher Award.
5. Conduct in cooperation with other appropriate administrative and faculty personnel an orientation at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters for new tenure-line, adjunct, temporary, and part-time faculty members on policies related to teaching and learning in the College.
6. Submit a fall report to the COEC with the committee’s plan of work for the academic year.
7. Submit a completed spring report and present it to the College Council prior to the last scheduled meeting of the academic year of the Council.
This position is a two-year term.