Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Provide advice and consultation to faculty members who are planning curriculum proposals.
2. Review and approve or disapprove all COE curriculum proposals in terms of the following conditions: (a) issues of program quality and consistency; (b) relationship of the proposal to department/school, college, and university missions, as well as to strategic or five-year plans; and (c) the impact of the proposal upon other programs and procedures within the department/school, college, or across the university.
3. Submit a fall report to the COEC on planned actions and discussions of the COE Curriculum Committee.
4. Submit recommendations to the COEC for policies concerning curriculum in the College. These policies may include, but are not limited to, the relationship of external accrediting standards to curriculum, conduct of periodic curricular reviews, and interdepartmental cooperation in curriculum development.
5. Request meetings with department/school, or college representatives to update the Curriculum Committee on actual or proposed changes in the criteria of external review bodies that will or might have implications for the college curriculum.
6. Submit a completed spring report (see Appendix and present it to the College Council prior to the last scheduled meeting of the academic year of the Council.
Fall 2021 Meeting Dates:
This position is a two-year term. Tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible to serve.