Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Periodically review practices in the COE that impact students, faculty, and curricular implementations related to diversity education.
2. Identify and provide activities and resources for teacher candidates to gain competencies in knowledge and application of skills necessary to effectively address diversity in schools.
3. Identify and provide activities and resources to enhance opportunities for all faculty members to demonstrate the practice of diversity education as a pedagogical process through their own teaching practices and content, as well as through research and service activities.
4. Coordinate College efforts to provide opportunities and incentives for the professional development of students, faculty, and staff in diversity education.
5. Submit a fall report to the COEC with the committee’s plan of work for the academic year.
6. Submit a completed spring report and present it to the College Council prior to the last scheduled meeting of the academic year of the Council.
This position is a three-year term. Tenured and tenure-track faculty, and full-time Lab School faculty associates are eligible to serve.